7.11.2008

To Be Seen (TBS): San Francisco, 7/12

It's both amazing and terrifying that it's July. The older I get, the faster the days pass. I heard that all the time when I was young, but I was too bored and lazy to take it to heart.

I'm back from an Independent weekend in Los Angeles. The trip down was much too short and stressful. Instead of enjoying fireworks with rarely-seen friends and taking in the all-too-sweaty weather, I cooped myself up at a friend's home, straining to finish a triptych for this show.

Unfortunately, this last weekend also marked the opening of some very good shows that I would have liked to have attended. Will have to make sure I plot out some time to check out the following:

3: Ernesto Burgos, Kyle Ranson & Derrick Snodgrass
Curated by Chris Duncan
Gregory Lind Gallery
July 3– August 16

Michelle Blade: The Elliptical Good-Kind
Jack Hanley Gallery
July 5 - August 8
Will hopefully see those tomorrow, when I hope to be able to make it out to these:
Summer '08 | New work: Photography & Sculpture
Stephen Wirtz Gallery
July 8 - August 23, 2008

Jennifer Merrill: Demikhov's Hands of Glory
Iceberger Gallery
July
Go out and see some shows. I know that it's very hard to get yourself motivated to leave the house, to walk around, to be attentive to others' work, but you've gotta do it. If not for yourself, then for the sake of the egos of others.

Three good ways to find out about shows in the SF Bay Area:
http://www.fecalface.com/calendar/calendar.php
http://www.artbusiness.com/1open/calendar.html
http://www.happenstand.com/

No comments: