5.14.2007

CCA Grad Show

Ms. Headexplodie, Mary Anne & I went by the campuses today to check out the various graduate & undergraduate shows. I took a few pictures with my phone, but the Flickr set from Marci & Deth is better. In any case, here's a bit of what I got:


Sam Lopes. I love the circle of massage going on there.


A bit of what the architecture department had to show. You can't really make it out, but there are quite a few characters from Animal Crossing in there. I think that's Mabel's profile on the right side.

And I thought this was just hilarious. Melanie's work involves old furniture like portions of beds and kitchen counters along with stained pillows, linen, and pools of dried blood. Very evocative of childhood torture and abusive family relationships. The first two comments say positive things like "moving," "hectic," and "thought-provoking."

I think you might be able to make out the third comment.

2 comments:

Headexplodie said...

aw, somehow i missed the animal crossing stuff. cry me a river!

Nancy said...

Nook and the neighbor animals were there, too!
That "cry me a river" kills me everytime.